Sunday, February 11, 2007

Gloomy Winter

Gloomy winter, wrapped up in the cold
Chilling winds ..run through my ears
God… When is this winter getting over?
I am tired of seeing same snowy roads
Need the summer to be here soon...
Spring, autumn have come and gone away
I am still here… far away from home....
I wondered what it would have been....
If I have never made it to this country
Never had to leave my childhood home...
Good old days… tucked in my cozy bed..
Always dreamed.. what would be like..
to grown up to a whole new world.....
Freedom to be who ever I want to be...
Meet new people, make friends and have a life
To be claimed my own, envy of my friends..
Having all my dreams come true..
I still wondered the life.. I left behind....
I have forgotten the taste of mother's cooking..
All the great conversations we had.....
And what was it like to be waken up to the birds
I was in the swing.. with my eyes closed tight,
Smell of the ripped mangoes eaten by squirrels....
Reaching for the blue sky in my little kingdom
Oh God.. I wish I can turn the clock back....
All I have now is the memories of little pieces
Haunting me to dig in more... to bring the past...
I wanted to have it all... Captured in my heart
What if I run out of space? Then I smiled...
Realizing we only get to live young once.....
It became part of my life ...that I am today....
If you don't move on..............
You’ll have nothing to look back on...

2 comments:

Raja said...

winters are not gloomy. it's just the mask [-(

Bhargav Bhatt said...

whispers from a typical cancerian heart, as am also cancerian ,i know how it takes and how it swings the other end with change in moments in life....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...