Thursday, January 19, 2006

Happy Birthday

" A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again" ~Enid Bagnold


Today is my dad’s b’day; he is the rock of my life. Most kindest and generous person I ever known. By looking back it has being a very difficult, heartfelt journey . Having loosing his dad at very early age in life, he is determined to provide every thing he could to be the best dad to me. Being in a middle class in Sri Lanka, I would say we had a pretty comfortable life. My dad immigrated to Europe, when I was only three years of age. He missed twelve best years of my life; I wish he would have been there for my first day at school to hold hand and all the parent’s evenings I could have shown him off to my friends. I remember going to the air port once every year to pick him up and those limited thirty days how I got spoiled with his love. He would shower me with luxury presents and how I loved to listen to the stories he tells me about the places he visited in Europe.

Those were magical times I wish it would have lasted long and never had to end. But life’s reality is far from being fairy tales, I had to face the fact that he had to go for his job and get on with my life as usual. He made so many personal sacrifices and saved every penny has earned to give me the best education and the life he never had when he was growing up. When he was ready to come back to take over to be the dad again, I was dying to leave home to see the world. I know it must have being hard for him to imagine that his little girl has grown up and ready leave the nest he works so hard to build. But he approved my move silently; I think we both knew from our hearts that is no coming back. Since the day I left home, I didn’t go back when I finish my studies then it is time for me to start my career. Then there is my turn to start a family, I know you are still waiting dad, I wish we could turn back the time. I wanted you to know even though we live oceans apart I always think of you and love you very much and may you have a happy long life.

1 comment:

Raja said...

Happy BDay to him :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...