Friday, January 06, 2006

My Soldier

I see it on the news.
Stories of soldiers being killed.
I always prayed that it's not you,
I wish I knew that you were safe,
I don't think that I can handle your death,
You are my soldier, and you
Mean everything to me….

The bombs exploding, I pray that you aren't hit.
That would cause my world to end.
I needed you in my life.
I pray that you would come home soon.
I know it was your dream
To be a soldier, protect the innocent
Tell me this, is it worth dying for?
Who is the enemy you are fighting?
Dead scared child with a gun?
Made me see that this war is useless
There is no hero, only a grief in a war

I wish war would end soon….
For you to come home, I missed you
I barely do anything these days
My heart stops,when I hear the door bell
Afraid to see a soldier on my door step
Telling me my worst fear, not seeing you live
Just heard the news of soldiers being killed.
I prayed that it was not you, my soldier.....

1 comment:

NisH™ said...

Dear dush,,,,,,
Nice Blog as well as nice ideas.......Keep up to date.....
I added your blog to my Blog....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...